Lemon zucchini noodles with skinny alfredo
- 2 large zucchini or 1 lb zucchini noodles
- 1 container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 C Parmesan cheese grated fine
- 1/2 C light cream or substitute
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 C chopped fresh spinach
- Dash of Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
Using your spiralizer or large cheese grater, shred the zucchini into long noodle like pieces. Saute in a preheated sauce pan with 1 tsp olive oil for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
In a small sauce pan, heat the cream until just beginning to simmer, add the yogurt, cheese, zest of 1/2 lemon and salt. Whisk together until creamy and heat to boiling. Stirring constantly.
Plate the zucchini noodles, add the chopped spinach and top with the sauce. Sprinkle a little zest and spinach on top and enjoy!